Monday, June 04, 2007

JFI for July : Eggplant

I am delighted to be hosting the JFI event for the month of July. The ingredient for this JFI is one of my favorite vegetables - the Eggplant. Also called Aubergine, Baingan, Brinjal, Vanakaya, Vazhuthananga ... these beauties are a delight to the palate. In bright jewel colors ... the royal deep purple, the green color of jade, the creamy white, eggplants are common to a host of cuisines. So get creative :) and send me your delightful creations.

The rules for participation are very simple :

  • Prepare a dish with eggplant and post it on your blog on July 1, 2007
  • Send me an email at khanagharka@gmail.com with the permalink to your post alongwith a picture of the dish, preferably in 100 x 100 pixel size, by July 2
  • Mention the event, recipe name and your blog in the email
  • Check back for the roundup, on July 7th

    Non Bloggers
    : You are invited too. Email me the recipe and picture and I will be more than happy to include it in the roundup.

    I have created a logo for this event - please feel free to use it on your blog.
  • 32 comments:

    FH said...

    YAYYYY!!!! That'a all I can say!! I am happppyyy!!:)

    Anonymous said...

    Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables too. Great choice for JFI, Sangeeta. Looking forward to participating.
    Happy hosting!

    Anonymous said...

    wow!interesting veggie this time for JFI - Event.Thank you for choosing easily available vegetable
    Sangeeta! My blog already has eggplant recipes.I'll try to come up with some more.

    Anonymous said...

    What a great choice!

    trupti

    DesiGirl said...

    Hey
    great choice! I have a classic brinjal recipe called ennai kathirikkai in Tamil or guthi vankaya in Telugu (which translates to something insipid like Oily Brinjal curry in english) that I make in three different ways - one tambram way and two telugu ways. Can I showcase all three or would that be an overkill?

    Sangeeta said...

    @ Indira, Madhavi, Trupti :), Looking forward to your participation

    @ Desi Girl, Please do showcase all 3. It will be wonderful :)

    Sangeeta said...

    @ Asha, Yayyy! some more recipes from you :)

    Suma Gandlur said...

    What a great choice. Expect some entries from me.

    Pavani said...

    Brinjal/ Eggplant is my all time favorite veggie.. Thank you so much for choosing this for JFI. Happy hosting and have a great time with family.

    Sangeeta said...

    @ Suma, Looking forward to your entry :)

    @Pavani, Eggplant is one of my favorite veggies too :) Looking forward to your entry

    Jyothi said...

    Hey My favorite vegetable, surely will participate....thanks.

    Suganya said...

    Love Love your ingredient!! Yay!!

    Padmaja said...

    Sangeeta!!
    I have to have these aubergines atleast once a week and here u are with this theme.. Can't wait to dish up something very different

    TheCooker said...

    Yay! Great choice.

    Sangeeta said...

    @ Jyothi, great :)

    @ Suganya, thanks :)

    @ Padmaja, great :)

    Sangeeta said...

    @ The Cooker, :) thanks

    Roopa (KitchenAromas) said...

    Great pick!

    Viji said...

    Great Choice!!I will be there :-)

    Sangeeta said...

    @ Kitchen Aromas, thanks :)

    @ Viji, :) Great.

    Roopa said...

    wooooooooooow whaaaaaaaaat a great choice. yummm love it!

    Viji said...

    Sangeeta, will come up with some idea with my favorite vegetable. Viji

    Sia said...

    u have chosed the king of vegetable sangeeta and i am so glad:) i love brinjal and cant wait to post recipes:)

    Sharmi said...

    thats a great choice.

    DEEPA said...

    excellent choice ...will come up soon with something ....

    Sangeeta said...

    @ Roopa, thanks :)

    @ VCuisine, looking forward to your entry :)

    @ Sia, thanks :) looking forward to your entry

    @ Sharmi, Deepa, thanks :)

    Bharathy said...

    Kathrikkai in Tamil..What a perfect selection ,count me in!:)..

    Shivapriya said...

    Hey Sangeeta
    Brinjal is my families fav veggie. Will send u the entry soon. Happy Hosting.

    Vini K said...

    Hi Sangeeta,

    I have a few brinjal recipes in my repertoire too,am going to post them for JFI.Thanks for choosing this veggie:)

    Poonam said...

    Thats a great one. I will send in my entry soon. Love this JFI event. Thanks for hosting it for July

    SMN said...

    hey i have created a recipe and posting it today how do i copy the image ? this is my first time.thnx
    smn

    DesiGirl said...

    oh no! missed the deadline by a day!! can I still come?? pleaaaaasssssseee!

    Sangeeta said...

    @ Desi Girl : Sure, I'll accept your entry :)